Welcome to the online program “Jewish Lens” (the “Program” and/or “Jewish Lens”) at the Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot Ltd. (CC).
The purpose of the Program is to strengthen the familiarity, belonging and commitment of Jews around the world to the Jewish story through the uploading of photographs that express their Jewish life and/or Jewish community life. The photographs will be uploaded onto the website of Beit Hatfutsot (CC) (the “Website”), on the online Jewish Lens program.
The Site is managed and operated by Beit Hatfutsot Ltd. (PBC) of klauzner 15 St., Tel Aviv (“Beit Hatfutsot” and/or the “Site Operator”). Wherever Beit Hatfutsot’s responsibility is specified, the intention is also to the responsibility of its employees, managers, owners, and persons acting on its behalf or in its stead.
This Site is intended for personal use only and not commercial.
The online track of the Jewish Lens program
- The Jewish Lens program is a program whose purpose is to strengthen the belonging, identity and commitment of Jews to the unique and ongoing story of the Jewish people, to strengthen the dialogue and the familiarity with Jewish stories worldwide.
- In the online Jewish Lens program, Jews from around the world may upload authentic photographs that express the Jewish connection in their life and the Jewish community life, and state facts about the photograph and/or information regarding their life.
- The Website is open to the general public. The uploading of photographs onto the Website is intended for users who are adults, who are competent to perform legal actions. If the user is a minor (under the age of 18) or is not entitled to perform legal actions without a guardian’s approval, his use of the Website shall be deemed to have received the approval of the guardian.
- No user shall make any use of the Website other than for the purpose for which it is intended, including unlawful and/or offensive use and/or use which constitutes a violation of legal provisions.
- No user shall upload and/or send photographs and/or information that contain content that is not correct and/or misleading and/or distorted and/or unreliable and/or which the user does not have consent to upload.
- Beit Hatfutsot reserves the right to determine whether the content that was sent by any user meets the content requirements that were defined in the Program, including the right to determine whether the photographs that were uploaded are appropriate and/or high-quality and/or meet the Program’s requirements, and accordingly to decide at its sole discretion whether to remove and/or delete the same, without any prior explanation and/or notice.
- The content (photographs and text that shall appear next to the photograph) that shall be uploaded by a user shall be included in the archive materials of Beit Hatfutsot. Beit Hatfutsot will be entitled to use the content (photographs and text) that was uploaded by any user for purposes of marketing and promotion of the Program and/or Beit Hatfutsot and/or the museum, by the various forms of media, including at educational workshops, in the press, on social networks, at exhibitions, etc.
Copyrights, intellectual property
- The copyrights and intellectual property in the Website, in the Program, in the services offered and in the content included therein is owned by Beit Hatfutsot and/or by third parties which have given Beit Hatfutsot usage permission and/or who Beit Hatfutsot has allowed to upload the same to the Website.
Without derogating from the generality of the aforesaid, and in accordance with the provisions of Sections 5 and 7 below, Beit Hatfutsot does not own the intellectual property rights in the content that shall be uploaded by the users (photographs and text) in the framework of the online Jewish Lens program.
- The users may make “fair use” of the materials on the Website according to the rules set forth in the law, including the Copyright Law. Persons quoting from the materials on the Website are obligated to state the source of the quote/s. It is prohibited to make any distortion, flaw or other change in the material, or to take any harmful action with respect to a creation, which may harm the dignity or reputation of the owner of the copyrights therein.
- Subject to copyrights law, it is prohibited to copy, redistribute, rebroadcast or publish protected material through any of the various forms of media (radio, television, the press, etc.), including digital means, without the prior written consent of the rights holders. No commercial use shall be made of the Website or the information posted thereon.
- It is necessary to refrain from removing, deleting or disrupting any notice or mark regarding intellectual property rights, for example the copyright symbol ©, or the registered trademark symbol ®, which accompany the content used.
- Beit Hatfutsot makes every effort to prevent violations of rights, including copyrights, and in the event that it is discovered that a violation has been committed, it shall make an effort to remedy the same and to remove the violative information immediately upon being approached by the holders of the rights in the information.
- Upon uploading the photographs and the information in the framework of the online Jewish Lens program, the user grants Beit Hatfutsot an exclusive global license, unlimited in time or place, which may be transferred, without receipt of royalties, to use, distribute, present publicly, perform, translate and create derivative works from the content that shall be uploaded by him, including for the purpose of promotion, marketing and public relations of the Program and/or Beit Hatfutsot and/or the museum.
- The license will be null and void if the user decides and/or requests to remove and/or delete the content that is uploaded by him. The user should note that content that is uploaded onto the internet by him in the framework of the Website shall continue to appear, indefinitely, insofar as he shares with others and they have not deleted the same.
- Beit Hatfutsot respects the privacy of the site’s surfers and users.
- When using the Site, information may accumulate regarding the pages that you have viewed, the services and information that interested you, the time you spent on the Site, the actions that you performed through the Site, etc.
- The above information will be used by Beit Hatfutsot for statistical uses, which do not identify you personally. Beit Hatfutsot will be entitled to deliver the statistical information to a third party, provided that the data do not pertain to you personally or identify the users personally, unless the same is required pursuant to law and/or according to a decision of authorities and/or in the framework of legal proceedings.
- In addition, the details that you state upon registration will be collected and used by Beit Hatfutsot in order to provide the user with information through the site, to respond to the user’s communication, if he contacts Beit Hatfutsot, to provide the user with information on Beit Hatfutsot’s activities on various issues, such as exhibitions, lectures, courses, studies (for or without payment), including by sending e-mails.
- Any user will be entitled to notify Beit Hatfutsot of his wish not to receive e-mails by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This request will be handled within 7 working days. If the request is unclear and/or is missing details, the duration of the handling may be longer.
- Beit Hatfutsot’s database is registered in the Databases Register. Everyone has a right to inspect information that pertains to him and which is in the databases of Beit Hatfutsot. The manner of exercise of the right will be according to Beit Hatfutsot’s policy and according to the provisions of the Protection of Privacy Regulations and directives of the Registrar of Databases. If a person encounters wrong information about him or information that he believes to be wrong, he may contact Beit Hatfutsot, and his request will be handled in accordance with its policy and the provisions of the law.
Appropriate use of the site
- Impersonation or provision of incorrect information is prohibited.
- Users are prohibited from copying, recording, publishing, distributing, editing, modifying, etc. without Beit Hatfutsot’s permission.
Posting of content by the site’s surfers and users
- Content is posted on the Site which originates from the Site’s users. This content is posted in areas intended therefor. Delivery of content for posting on the Site does not confer on users a right to demand that the content be posted or continue to be posted.
- Beit Hatfutsot bears no responsibility for content of any kind and in any format that the users deliver for posting, and the persons who deliver the same for posting bear sole responsibility therefor and for any consequence deriving from the use thereof. This content expresses no opinion or position of Beit Hatfutsot, and the posting thereof is no guarantee of the validity, credibility, accuracy or lawfulness thereof.
- Upon the sending or delivery of content for posting on the Site and/or in the databases of Beit Hatfutsot, the sender / writer shall bear full and sole responsibility for any consequence that derives from the posting. The writer must ensure that such content is lawful. It is prohibited, inter alia and for the sake of illustration only, to post the following content:
- Any content you know to be false, misleading or distorted;
- Any content which prejudices or infringes property rights of others – including copyrights and trademarks;
- Any content that is pornographic or of a blatant sexual nature;
- Any content pertaining to minors and which identifies them, their personal details or their address and means of contacting them;
- Any computer software, computer code or application that include a computer virus;
- Passwords, user names and other details which allow use of computer software, digital files, websites or services, which require registration or payment, without such payment or registration;
- Any content which constitutes slander of a person or violates his privacy or harms his reputation;
- Any content which personally identifies other people without their having given their consent to the posting of their identity;
- Any content of a harassing, offensive, hostile, intimidating or vulgar nature;
- Any content which contains or encourages racism or wrongful discrimination based on race, ethnicity, skin color, denomination, nationality, religion, sex, occupation, sexual inclination, illness, physical or mental disability, faith, political view or socio-economic standing;
- Any content which encourages the committing of a criminal offense or may constitute a basis for a civil claim or liability;
- Any content that may mislead a consumer;
- Any content of an advertising or commercial nature;
- Any content which contradicts the accepted rules of using the internet or which may cause damage or harm internet users generally, and Beit Hatfutsot’s users specifically;
- Any content, access to which is blocked through a password etc., and is not freely allowed for all internet users.
- If Beit Hatfutsot decides to post content that is delivered, it may edit any such content, at its discretion.
- The content delivered by the Site’s users for posting on the Site will be exposed to all users of the internet. Remember: you must act cautiously in delivery of the content.
- There are links on the Site or referrals to other sites which do not belong to Beit Hatfutsot and are intended for the users’ convenience only and allow content posted on the internet to be found. The content on the other sites is not posted by or on behalf of Beit Hatfutsot and it does not control or supervise the same.
The fact that Beit Hatfutsot’s Site links to such content does not attest to consent to the content thereof and constitutes no guarantee of the credibility, currentness or lawfulness thereof or of the practices of the owners of the content with respect to privacy and any other aspect involved in the operation thereof.
Beit Hatfutsot uses its best efforts in order that the referrals are to appropriate sites only, but you may find that such content does not fit your requirements or that you object to the content thereof, or that you believe that they are aggravating, irritating, unsuitable, unlawful or immoral. Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for the content to which the links lead and is not responsible for any consequence that is caused by use thereof or reliance thereon.
- Without derogating from the aforesaid, Beit Hatfutsot is not liable for any direct or consequential damage caused to users as a result of use of or reliance on the information and content appearing on sites that they reach through or via use of or a link on Beit Hatfutsot’s Site.
- Beit Hatfutsot does not undertake that the links on the Site are in order and will lead you to an active website, and it may remove links included thereon in the past, or refrain from adding new links – all at its absolute discretion.
- The Website and the services presented thereon are offered for use in their ‘as is’ state.
- The user is solely responsible for the content uploaded and/or sent by him and for the consequences of the sending and/or posting thereof.
- Beit Hatfutsot bears no responsibility for content that has been provided and/or entered by users on the Website, their legality, credibility, accuracy and integrity, and the persons who provided the same for posting bear sole responsibility therefor and for any consequence deriving therefrom. Such content expresses no opinion or position of Beit Hatfutsot, and the posting thereof is no guarantee of the validity, reliability, accuracy or lawfulness thereof.
- In addition, there may be errors, contradictions or discrepancies etc. Beit Hatfutsot is not responsible for any damage that is caused due to reliance on the information.
- The user alone is responsible for the use of Beit Hatfutsot’s Site.
- Beit Hatfutsot protects the data on the Site through advanced data protection systems. However, it cannot undertake that the services and the information on the Site and on the servers is absolutely immune to hacking and/or attempts to hack the computers, and Beit Hatfutsot is not liable for any damage caused to data and/or documents and/or databases and/or any other information that is provided thereto and is in the databases, including loss of such data and information.
- Beit Hatfutsot does not undertake that the service provided on the Site will be provided as required, without interruptions and disruptions and/or will be immune to unlawful access, damage, flaws, faults, failures in hardware, software or the transmission lines at Beit Hatfutsot or any of its suppliers.
- Beit Hatfutsot will bear no liability for any damage caused to a user or to any third party as a direct or indirect result of use of the Website, including damage caused due to use of software applications downloaded directly through the service or operated as a result of use of the service and/or any hardware problem and/or viruses and/or quality and/or speed of usage, and the users alone will bear responsibility for the manner in which they use the service.
Changes to the Site and discontinuation of the service
- Beit Hatfutsot reserves the right to make any change to the Site and/or the “Program, including the structure of the Site, the services offered thereon, their content, scope and availability, links and any other change, as it deems fit, according to its exclusive decision and without any need to give prior notice thereof on the Site.
- Users shall entertain no claim or lawsuit against Beit Hatfutsot due to the making of such changes, or due to faults that occur incidentally to the making thereof.
- Beit Hatfutsot may decide, at any time, to close the Site and discontinue provision of the services through it.
- We wish you beneficial use of the services offered on the Site. We are happy to receive responses and comments.
- In addition, you shall indemnify the Site’s operator, its employees, managers, or anyone on its behalf for any claim, lawsuit and/or demand that shall be raised against them by any third party as a result of content that you delivered for posting.
Law and jurisdiction
- The information provided on the Website in the context of the Program is made freely accessible and is free of charge, and use thereof does not create any agreement and/or undertaking between the user and Beit Hatfutsot and/or anyone on its behalf and/or any other person connected in any way, directly and/or indirectly, to the Website and/or to the information thereon.
- In any use that you make, you are required to give proper credit to Beit Hatfutsot, in a clear and prominent manner, in the following language: “The Jewish Lens site, Museum of the Jewish People at Beit Hatfutsot”. Wherever relevant, a link should be added to the Beit Hatfutsot website.
- The Website’s users shall not use crawlers or spyware that are intended to collect information, including indexing activity, from the Website.
- You may contact us on any issue pertaining to use of the Website via the “Contact Us” form.